- 1 c. sugar or raw sugar
- 1/4 c. water
- 4 teaspoons dried egg whites (equivalent to 2 egg whites), reconstituted by stirring powder into directed amount of water until most lumps are gone
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for garnish
- Bring 2 inches of water to a simmer in the bottom of a double boiler or a double sauce pan.
- Combine 1 cup sugar and 1/4 cup water in the top of the double boiler. Heat over the simmering water, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add reconstituted egg whites, cream of tartar and pinch of salt. Beat with an electric mixer on high speed until the mixture is glossy and thick and stands in peaks, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove the top pan from the heat and continue beating for 1 minute more to cool.
- Add vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and beat on low just to combine.
- Spread or pipe the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes.
- If desired, garnish with sprinkle of cinnamon, chocolate or flavored sugar.
Incoming search terms:
- cupcake ideas
- cupcake frosting techniques
- cupcake frosting recipe
- marshmallow frosting recipe
- frosting recipe for cupcakes
- marshmallow icing recipe
- marshmallow icing
- butter icing cupcakes
- how to make marshmallow frosting for cupcakes
- marshmallow decorating ideas
You might also like